Sunday, 28 December 2014

2014 Favourites


How quick has 2014 gone? It seems like it has gone by in a click! 2014 has been a good year overall and while thinking that my favourites of the year were I honestly could not chose.  I hope you enjoy my favourites of 2014 and don't forget to comment your favourites or link me yours.

Happy New Year!

Beauty Favourites:

MAC 'Brave' lipstick has been my everyday go to lipstick since September. As a 'satin' it is not drying and is a lovely nude and perfectly in my comfort zone. It goes perfectly for a day look or for an evening look if you do not want a bold lip.



The Soap & Glory Hand Food has been a favourite of mine for a while but it was not till a couple of months ago when I started to use it daily. I have the mini version which is perfect for my make up bag and the bigger version which I use when I wake up and when I go to bed. I never really loved the smell but it is a smell that I have got used to. It is quite a sweet smelling product but if thats something you like then defiantly try it out.



The Benefit 'Badgal' mascara is now a product I have been using daily for around two months. I originally started using it when I brought one of their christmas sets because I want to try a few of their products without paying the full price for them. Personally, I prefer 'bad girl' compared to 'They're Real' simply because it is so much more easier to remove. The only problem I do find is that sometimes I do have to top it up with another mascara to give more length, however for a simply everyday look it is a go to.



Another 'MAC' product is their mineralise foundation. I have wanted this foundation now for a while and I finally decided to buy it at Gatwick Airport because it was cheaper. I find that it goes perfectly with my skin tone and it goes miles. Since July I have only used round about 1/4 of the product. It does not feel caky and does last for a relatively long period. I do find that it does lasts better with primer however I have used it without at it does still work.

I wear shade NC25


The second airport product, which my mum did buy me for my birthday, is the Marc Jacobs 'Daisy eau so fresh'. It is a very summery scent which does not work as well for this time of the year. However, I still love it and will probably be buying another bottle next year.

Body Favourites 


I first got into Victoria's Secret sprays back in October 2013 but during the whole year I have always got one in my bag ready to spray at break and lunch and a collection sitting on my book case. 
My favourite has to be "mango temptation" but they are all fabulous and smell devine.

This may or may not be my third bottle

Fashion Favourites:


I finally invested in Topshop jeans. I always hear people talking about them. For my birthday I asked for the 'joni' jeans and honestly I am so glad I picked these as my first pair. I have worn them so much lately. However, I do now own the black 'jamie' jeans which I do feel are better quality and much thicker than the joni pair. For me, both pairs are wear far too much. I wear them for work, at college, whenever really. If you have not invested it a pair yet I would suggest you get a pair.

I am wearing the black 'Jamie Jeans'.

Converse. One word converse. I love my converse. This year I have been loving the black and white ones. When 'office' had 30% their entire store I just went for them. If i'm not wearing converse i'm wearing boots, so basically I wear them most days.

They are a bit dirty 


Zara - personally I have never really been in there before but all of the sudden it's one of my favourites shop. 

Food & Drink 


I finally drink tea! Well green tea, I still can't stand normally tea. I feel like green tea is so refreshing and I love a big cup in my Cath Kidston mug after dinner. 

Pineapple had become my favourite fruit, I eat far too much of the stuff but who cares it's good for you. I love it as an afternoon snack. 

Book favourites


"Gone Girl" - I love this book. I was so captivated by it, I read it in 5 days and normally it will wake me around a month to read a book simply because I'm lazy and can not be bothered to pick a book up normally but gone girl was an expectation. It's fantastic.



"Wuthering Heights" - most probably ended up on the list because of English Literature A- Level but still it is a classic and if it's on you read list, just go and read it. I was going to take a photo of the book but I may have misplaced the book that sixth form gave me… oops. 

Film Favourites 


"The Book Theif" - going back to the beginning of the year now. I love films set in the war and the story is upsetting but beautiful at the same time. Yes, it isn't real but it's still captivating. 

"Rush" - Chris ... Just makes it. This film was not something I would go out and watch it straight away but it's a film I would watch if nothing is on. Plus I have been brought up with my dad watching F1 so it intrested me. 

"Justin Bieber: Believe Movie" - Okay I know it's technically 2013 but it came out on DVD in 2014 so it still counts. It made me laugh, cry and realise what a join I have been on with Justin over the last five years. Plus his my favourite so of course he has got to end up on here somewhere. 

Music favourites 


One Direction "Act My Age" - even though I love this song I hope they don't realise it as a single because then it will become over played and annoying. 

5 Seconds of Summer "English Love Affair" - I don't even know why I love it so much, I just do. 

Ed Sheeran "All of the Stars" - it's just beautiful and it's not over played unlike "thinking out loud". That's still incredible as well. 

Fall Out Boy - recently I have been listening to all of their songs and I fallen for them. 

Other favourites


Mcbusted Tour - it was up there with seeing Justin Bieber and NO one is ever up there. It brought back all the childhood memories and the atmosphere was incredible. It's also nice to go to a concert and not see any boys/ men there, in fact there were six boys sitting behind us. 

Capital Summer Time Ball - yes, another concert. This was the second year I went  and standing in Golden circle is much better than general standing. Calvin Harris and Milet Cryus were beyond the best. Plus I have wanted to see Miley for the past 7 years. 

Jersey - the country over the state. I was unsure whether I was going to love or hate Jersey but I actually really enjoyed going. The island is beautiful. The sights you can see, the beaches even St. helier is pretty. There is a very French feel and every where is so clean and just a lot nicer than the mainland of England.

This photo does not do Jersey justice.



I hope you enjoy the favourites! 

Love Alicia x

What Am I Wearing?
Jeans - Topshop 
Top - Topshop
Socks - Topshop
Nails - Essie and Barry M
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig