Sunday, 15 February 2015

Pancakes!

                         

It's nearly Pancake Day!!!!

So on Tuesday it will be the one day where if I want to I can eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although, I am going out for breakfast so lets hope the Toby Carvey do, do pancakes for breakfast. 

Over the last year I have loved making pancakes and I have made the recipe my own now through trying different recipes out and adding more own things to them. So I though I would show you how to make my pancakes. 

I hope you enjoy!

Ingediants:

* 100 grams of Plain Flour
* 2 Eggs
*150ml of milk (I used 1% milk)
* 1 or 2 tablespoons of cinnamon 

Method:

1) Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. 

2) Using an electric whisk, whisk all the ingredients together for around 1 minute. If the mixture feels a bit thick then add around 10ml of milk. Don't add too much or they will be very milky pancakes. 

                                         


3) Heat the frying pan up for around 2 minutes to get the oil in the pan really hot. I find if the oil isn't very hot then the pancakes do not turn out very well. 

                                       


4) Once the pan is hot, add a ladle of batter to the pan. Make sure the batter covers the whole of the pan.

                                     


5) Wait about 30 seconds before flipping it over. At this point I also turn the heat down lightly to stop the pancake from burning.

7) Flip the pancake over again after 30 seconds and repeat this 3 times.

8) Place the pancake on a plate. 

9) Repeat until all the batter is finished. I am normally able to make around 6 pancakes, although they seem to get smaller then more I do. 

10) Serve how you wish. I like mine with nutella, fruit and ice cream. You maybe a traditionalist and prefer lemon and sugar. What ever floats you boat really. 

                                      


I hope this recipe was useful and you have fun making you own pancakes.
Also, how do you make your pancakes and what toppings to you have on yours?

Happy Pancake day!! 

Love Alicia x

P.S Does anyone have a recipe on how to make American Pancakes as I have tried many and failed. 
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig