Wednesday, 1 April 2015

The Body Shop 'Tea Tree' Range Review!

It's my first review (inserts sound effect) and one thing that I am quite passionate about is skincare. I have always suffered with acne and scarring since I was about 9, so I have lived basically half my life with acne. I have tried so many different products over the years and now finally my skin is starting to a calm down a bit.

A few weeks ago I heard people talking about The Body Shops Tea Tree range and what I read about it was really good. So that and the fact that I got 30% off with O2, I decided to try out this range and see what it would do to my skin. I did only buy two of the products; the skin clearing facial wash and the skin clearing lotion.

First Impressions: The smell is strong. I mean you don't like the smell of Tea Tree then these products are probably not for you. I have always liked the smell of Tea Tree from an early age anyway, so it didn't bother me. I have also used tea tree products from places like super drug before. 


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion: Okay I am not sure if I like this product or not. Yes, it does reduce the oil on my skin and doesn't make look as shiny. On the other hand, it makes me skin sting which does make me skin red, which it isn't suppose to do. However, it has made me skin look slightly clearer after a few days, but I don't know if that other products doing that or not. It is not a quick fix, I only really saw results after about 4 to 5 days. Also, it is very heavy on the tea tree smelling front. I have a cold and I can still smell it. Personally, I think it will continue to try it out and see if I like it more, but it probably isn't something I am going to re purchase. 


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash: Compared to the lotion I am in love with this facial wash. I started using this in mid of a break out and I basically saw results in about two days. Since then I haven't been using it every day, but I normally use it the days I don't wash my hair as I have another face wash for the shower that I only like to use when washing my hair. I know i'm weird. It is a great sort of 'pick me up' in the morning when you are half a sleep and it wakes up your skin. As a person who suffers from both oily skin and blemished skin, I do believe it does help my skin. 

I hope this review was helpful and if any of you suffer from acne or oily skin I would love to hear your recommendations. 

Love Alicia x 

SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig