Friday, 25 September 2015

A Day In London | Did Someone Say 'Afternoon Tea'?

The idea of 'Afternoon Tea' feels so British and something that I have always wanted to do, so when I opened a card from my Auntie and Uncle on my birthday with a note inside that they had booked for me a friend to have afternoon tea I was so happy. Now I was told to take lots of photos, because they live in Australia and wanted some photos sent back to them, so I thought of the idea to also share some of the photos I took on my blog.

Please excuse the dirty mirror, but heres my OOTD!
Top: River Island | Jeans: Topshop | Shoes: Topshop 
So my best friend loves Harry Potter so we decided out first stop of the day would be the shop at Kings Cross Station. Now I am someone who has seen all the films but I have never read the books. I know its bad, but I did by the first book in the shop and have read it now. 

The wand wall was truly magical!


 We then went to Regent Street, Carnaby and Oxford street. We stopped in Hamleys, because you know its Hamleys and probably one of the best toy shops in the world. So we both got a picture with this bear. 

After doing a bit of Shopping, we then headed to Doubletree by Hilton in Holborn for afternoon tea. It really doesn't look like there is loads here, but we could not finish it. The scones were heavenly and they were warm and yeah they were amazing. 


 Why not have a mirror selfie in the Toliets. Now I am tall, but my best friend is like 6 foot and was wearing heels so I look quite short. 

We then decided that we wanted to be tourists and headed to Buckingham Palace. However, if you are thinking of changing at Bank if you are on the central line to get on the circle/district line to St. James Park, you basically have to walk like 10 minutes to get to Monument to get the circle line. Yeah, just change at Liverpool Street. It's easier. 






We then walked down 'The Mall', we were actually going to go straight to Westminster but I had a shoe crisis and we went to the Topshop on the strand so I could but some shoes and some socks. Turns out leather sandals can also rub and heart like hell as well. 


 One of the things I love the most about London is the history. 


So there you go, a day in London in pictures. Have you ever been for Afternoon Tea and where are your favourite places in London?

Love Alicia x 


Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'Instagram and Twitter

SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig