Friday, 20 November 2015

5 Simple and Easy Snacks

If I have only learnt one thing since being at university, is that I love food and I don't want to wait hours for food. I want something quick, but also something that is healthy. I have noticed that what I have been eating has changed a hell of a lot. Just two or three months ago I would have probably have never have thought of making these or even eating these. So here are five of my favourite things to eat that are simple and quite easy.

1. Sweet Potato Fries/ Wedges 
If You haven't read my October Favourites yet, then you will not know how much I love sweet potato. I know get upset if restaurants do not sell sweet potato fries or wedges. However, I do like to make my own at home. All you will need is one sweet potato, oil, some seasoning of your choice, a baking tray and a oven. I simply peel my sweet potato and then cut it into about two inch squares of slices. I then put some oil onto some foil which I sit in my backing tray and then cover each wedge of sweet potato in oil and spread them out across the baking tray. sometimes I add a little bit of spice. Then put them in the oven at 200 and leave them for 20 to 25 minutes.

2. Apple and Raspberry Crumble 
This is something that I do almost by accident one day. Basically my raspberries had gone all soft and slightly sour and my apples didn't look the best and both were still in date, so I decided that I needed to do something with them. All you need for this recipe is: 2 apples, some raspberries, some raisins, two handful of oats, cinnamon, butter and I also used some left over granola which wasn't enough for breakfast by its self.  I simple peeled and cut up the apple and put it into an oven proof dish, along with the raspberries, raisins and some cinnamon. In another bowl I just mixed together the butter, oats, granola and some more cinnamon and them sprinkled this over the fruit. I then cooked it in the oven for 35 minutes at 190. I got about three portions out of this and served with some ice cream.

3. Granola, Yogurt and Fruit 
This is one of my favourite breakfast ideas, then I also like to have for lunch as well. This is super simple, I just get two handfuls of granola, 3 tablespoons of yogurt (plain, strawberry, whatever you like) and a handful of a range of fruit. I tend to have pomegranate seeds, raspberries, strawberries and sometimes apples as well.

4. Apple and Peanut Butter 
I love this as a mid afternoon snack or sometimes after dinner. Simply cut up an apple into wedges and get a tablespoon of peanut butter and enjoy.

5. Spicy Mince Meat Wraps
This is more of a dinner idea but I love it. All you need is some frozen mince meat (I use the quorn one, not because I am vegetarian but I like the taste of it and it was on offer so was cheaper), some frozen onion, frozen sweetcorn, 1 pepper, paprika powder, sweet chilli sauce, 2 wraps. But all the ingredients into a fry pan (except for the wraps) and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes on a medium to high heat. Then serve in a wrap, with maybe sweet potato wedges on the side, tomato ketchup and some cheese. Simple and sort of healthy.

Love Alicia x

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'Instagram and Twitter
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig