Thursday, 24 March 2016

Easter Cupcakes!







If there is one thing that I need to do more, then that is to bake. I used to bake all the time and now I just don't seem to have the time or there is something that is stopping me and I kinda miss baking. Easter seems to be the perfect time to bake again. 

Now I know we all make cupcakes differently but this is the way I make my cupcakes and some people will probably be like 'no you don't do it like that' but these have been winners every time I have made them.

You will need:

Cakes:
 * 110g of soft butter
 * 110g caster sugar
 * 110g of self raising flour (I am using Gluten Free)
 * 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
 * 2 eggs
 * 1 tablespoon of milk (I am using soya milk but you can use normal milk)

Decorations:
* 3 tablespoons of butter
* 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
* 1 tablespoon of milk
* food colouring (pink, green, yellow ... what ever floats your boat)
* mini eggs (optional)
* chocolate chips

Method: 

The first thing you will need to do is add the flour, butter, eggs, milk and sugar into a mixing bowl, then using a wooden spoon or a whisk, mix the ingredients together. Once, the mixture is all mixed together, you can then add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and any other ingredients you would like to add. I had some blueberries, raspberries and chocolate chips left over so I just added them into the mixture and mixed then in with a wooden spoon. 

Once everything is mixed in, spoon the mixture into cupcake cases and then cook 15 to 20 minutes at 180C. The cakes should be golden brown once cooked. Then leave the cupcakes to cool for about half an hour, by then they should be ready to be decorated. 

For the butter icing, the first thing that I do is add the butter, milk and icing sugar to a bowl and then cream them together. You can either leave the icing as it is or add some food colouring to them. As it is Easter I am using green food colouring to create a 'grass' like look and then using mini eggs for the rest of the decoration.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Love Alicia x


SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig