Friday, 4 March 2016

Hair Care Routine



When I thought about hair care even a year ago, I just thought of washing my hair. I never used to use a heat protector and used to straightened my hair at a ridiculously high heat, which my hair hated but still I used to do it every single day. However, something clicked and I know I had to do something. Now my hair was never that bad. I got spilt ends but they were never that bad, but I still wanted to take care off my hair. 

Back in January 2014 I dyed my hair for the first time and I knew then that I had to look after it as my hair had been bleached. Yes I was drawn into the hype of ombre hair, meaning that I got my hair dyed at the hairdressers so the bottom half was blonde. Looking back, I don't regret it at all, I really like it. During this period I really did look after my hair, as well as my hair deciding that it wanted to grow about 4 inches in the space of 8 months, which just never happens. Then in September 2014 I did something that I regret. I cut my hair really short. I cried the day after because I couldn't do anything with it, but I then did get used to it. However, this was the period again when I stopped caring about the heat of my hair. I am pleased to say that my hair is at the length now that I am really happy with and it is in great condition (I think) as well.

Now I have to wash my hair every other day, because my hair just gets so greasy and quite frankly disgusting. My parents have to wash their hair everyday, so I guess I was just born with very oily roots. 

So enough about my hair story and the type of hair I have and lets get on to the routine. 

For the days when I wash my hair... 







As I mentioned above I wash my hair every other day and sometimes every third day if and only if I'm not doing anything on the third day and don't have to leave the house. The first thing I do is apply the new L'oreal Elvine Extraordinary Clay Masque and leave it for about 5 to 10 minutes. On the tub it actually says for 5 minutes, but in that time I am normally tidying up, making my bed and planning my outfit for the day ahead, so it normally gets left on for a bit extra. Now I have absolutely fallen in love with this masque. I am not over keen in the scent (its quite minty) but I do love how it makes my hair feel. I just apply to my roots and rub it in and then wash it off in the shower with the L'oreal Elvine Nutri Gloss Luminiser shampoo. I probably should be using the shampoo from the clay range as well, but this shampoo just gives my hair such a natural gloss and finish. I picked up this shampoo by accident in around December time when I was bored of using my Aussie shampoo - which had run out - and I wanted to try something different. 

After shampooing my hair, I then use the L'oreal Elvine Extraordinary Clay Conditioner. No matter what conditioner I use, I always let it soak into my hair for about 3 to 4 minutes while i'm washing the rest of my body. 

After getting out of the shower and brushing my hair I like to spray in the L'oreal Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray. My heat protector is actually for when you straighten your hair and it is supposed to last for 4 days, however my hair never does. However, I really like using this one because again it makes my hair feel soft and healthy. I then go in and spray the ends of my hair with the Lumiere d'hiver super comb prep and protect spray, which I got in February's Birchbox. To be honest, I don't really know what this product does but I have been trying it out so I thought I would mention it. 

Normally I leave my hair to dry naturally for 30 to 40 minutes before blow drying it and then styling it. Where possible I like to blow dry my hair straight do I don't have to use my straighteners. 

For the days when I have not washed my hair... 



Now I am actually really impressed with the L'oreal Clay range, because my next day hair actually still looks pretty fresh. The roots don't look oily and I only need a tiny bit of Batiste Dry Shampoo. I have tried a few brands of dry shampoo and the only dry shampoo that actually does anything is Batiste, I do like to switch the scents around because I can get bored. I tend to only spray the dry shampoo in areas that really do need it. 

So there you have it, a daily hair care routine which normally happens in the morning. What are your favourite hair care products or products that you are really liking at the moment? 

Love Alicia x
Survey
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig