Monday, 13 June 2016

5 TIPS FOR CLEARER LOOKING SKIN


I may not be a professional when it comes to dealing spots or acne, but I have had to deal with every single day since I was about 10 or 11, and over them 8/9 year I have come across a few things that have really helped to improve my skin. There are five things that really do stick out when helping to cure spots or redness. These 5 tips may not work for everyone, but for me they have helped my skin improve.

ONE. 
The first tip is to drink lots of water.  Since I have been drinking more water every day, my skin is a lot more hydrated and it makes me feel good as well. Now I am not saying that this will cure spots or make your skin improve over night, 

TWO. 
Tip number two is to change your pillow cases at least once a week. I actually like to change my pillow cases twice a week, but as long as you change your pillowcases at least once a week then it just stops you from sleeping on a pile of sweat, grossness and everything that just builds up. When it comes to your pillow cases just thing of the transfer of sweat from sleeping, any products in your hair and even any products on your face (like when you forget to take your make up off), it will just stay on your pillowcase until you change them. Then every night that will then transfer back on your face. Now thats not nice. 

THREE. 
TAKE YOUR MAKE UP OFF. Personally I believe that this is one of the most important things that you can do if you want to improve the appearance of your skin. It really doesn't take long to pick up your favourite cleanser and just take the whole days make up off your face before bed. I also like to tone my face as well, as that just gets an excess make up off your face, so your face is just nice and clean before going to sleep. 

FOUR.
Try to reduce the amount of dairy you are having. Now I have no idea if this is actually true or not, but since cutting out milk, cheese, butter and ice cream my skin has improved so much. This may not be correct, but because there are hormones in dairy, as a teenager you are putting more hormones into your body which in turn can create more spots. Now don't count me on that one, but I have read a lot about this on a number of different websites. 

FIVE. 
The fifth and final tip for clearer looking skin, is to not touch your face. This is still something that I struggle with, but unless your hands are clean, every time you touch your face you are just transferring any dirt that may be on your hands onto your face. Just thinking about that just makes me not want to touch my face. 


Like I have already said these 5 tips work for me, they may not work for everyone, but over the last couple of years these five things have been stand out things in what works for my skin. Of course, when it comes to cleansers and a skin care routine, many that I have tried have either worked or failed. It is a bit of trail and error, but eventually you will find a routine and other things that just work for your skin. When I was around 14, the doctor gave me a roll on treatment for my spots and yes it worked for about 18 months, but then it stopped. I also have to mention that since I have been on the pill ( which is for the last two and a half years), my appearance of my skin has improved. I do still get the odd spots, but nothing like i used to. Consequently, I do still have some scars on my face. 

Do you have any tips that have worked for your, in terms of clearing up your skin?

Love Alicia x 
Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Feel free to leave a comment, as they are much appreciated. Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss a post! 


5 OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: HOW TO EAT HEALTHY AT UNIVERSITY | 5 THINGS I MISS ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL MAY FAVOURITES |MY EVENING SKIN CARE ROUTINE |WHATS IN MY MAKE UP BAG? |
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig