Wednesday, 1 June 2016

MAY FAVOURITES



Hello June and the end of my first year of University! Well technically my uni accommodation contract runs out in like 3 and half weeks, but I have no university work left until October, and I honestly can not believe it. From now on until probably the near future I have decided that my posting schedule will change. I will now be posting Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7am, and will have the odd post on a Sunday which will go live at 4pm, but for now lets get onto the topic of this post: FAVOURITES! In May I also discovered some old loves and a few new products, so I thought I would share them with you!

Skincare... 
If you have been reading my blog now for a while you would know that I really like The Body Shop Tea Tree range, and at the moment one of my favourite products from that line is the toner. I have been using this toner on and off probably for about 7 months, but it has only been in the last 7 to 8 weeks that I have been using this product every single day. After cleansing my skin, I like to use the toner just to get rid of any of bit of make up or dirt on my skin to really make sure that it is clean. Personally, I believe that this has helped my skin. My skin looks a lot clearer and some of the redness on my checks has disappeared. Now I don't know if this is totally down to this product, or because I have been drinking around 1 and a half litres of water a day and basically cut of dairy products, but who knows. 

While on the topic of skincare, the cleanser of choice during May has been the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, which I loved so much at the end of last year but then I got the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm and just stopped using my Liz Earle one. This is probably one of my favourite cleansers and I know it doesn't break me out, which probably means I won't try anything else. I love how this cleanser makes my face feel: it feels so clean and fresh. Normally I will only use this cleanser before bed, but if I haven't used it the night before then I will use it in the morning. 

May has definitely been the month for skin care favourites, as I still have more. Next up is the Olay Double Action Day Cream & Primer. I think I brought this back in September and really didn't like it so just stopped using it, but after realising that my face felt quite dry I thought I would give it another go and I like it this time around. The best time to use this product is straight after you have cleansed and toned your face, and then really work it in. I tend to leave it about 15 to 30 minutes after until I apply any make up, just to make sure it has probably sunk into my skin.

This may just be a repeat of my March favourites, but after not using fake tan during the month of April and now I am using fake tan again, I have been loving the Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk. As long as you exfoliate your body before hand, then this gradual tan does not go streaky or patchy. It's quick and super easy to use, and I actually saw a difference in colour after the second day of applying this gradual tanner. 

Make Up... 
The L'Oreal Superliner in black has been near enough an every day item this month, after about two months of not wearing any eyeliner what so ever. I believe this eyeliner was included in a favourites at the end of last year maybe and i'm still really loving it. One of the best things about it, is that it is so easy to apply and I'm shit at applying eyeliner so it really is good.

Lipstick wise, MAC Mehr has been a dream to wear this month. I have literally been wearing this lipstick every single day, and may like it a bit more than Velvet Teddy. It's just this really easy go to lipstick, that is pink, but that a bright pink. As you can tell I am awful at describing lipsticks, but MACs website describes it as a 'dirty blue pink'. I would say that it has more purple undertones compared to blue, but thats my opinion. While we are talking about MAC, I really don't like their new website. 

Lifestyle... 
I was going to do a 'food' sub heading but I only really have one food favourite and that is porridge. If you have read 'HOW TO EAT HEALTHY AT UNIVERSITY' then you would have already come across this recipe, and would have seen how I make porridge. This just feels me up way past lunch time which is perfect for when I am revising or going to work. At the moment my favourite topping is apple and raisins with a bit of peanut butter. Another food related favourite has been one of my go to meals throughout May, and quite a bit during April as well and that is a Rice Bowl with Fish. It's something super easy and also full of vegetables as well. I tend to add sweetcorn, mushrooms, onions, green beans, spinach and scrambled egg, which I tend top with either salmon or haddock.

Now the next favourite kinda doesn't go into any of these categories but I thought I would just put it into the 'Lifestyle' section anyway, because it kinda well is. It is the Next diffuser in Apricot Blossom. Man I love this smell. I have one in my bedroom at home and one in the room at university. The thing I love the most about it is that you don't get the smell all the time but you will just get whiffs of it, but it makes your room smell nice all the time. The small bottle is only £6 as well and does last about 6 weeks which I think is pretty good value for money.

I don't really know if this is classed as a favourite or not, but I am officially no longer a fresher, which means my first year of university is officially over. Well actually Summer Ball is on Saturday and then it is officially over. So I am going to class University as a favourite overall, as I have met some great people, learnt new things and also had a pretty good time. There has been some negatives as well, but I think I am going to do a post all about my first year at university, so make sure you look out for that one coming in the next couple of months.

Love Alicia x 
Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Feel free to leave a comment, as they are much appreciated. Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss a post! 


5 OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:  |MARCH FAVOURITES |HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITES THINGS |NOVEMBER FAVOURITES |JUNE FAVOURITES |JANUARY FAVOURITES |
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig