Friday, 29 July 2016

JULY FAVOURITES





Somehow it is the 29th July and the first 7 months of 2016 have gone hella fast, like really fast. That means that it is also July favourites time, and I have been loving quite a few things this month.

SPAIN
At the very beginning of July, I jetted off to Spain with my family. I have already done a post all about the area where I stayed - Almeria - but that part of Spain is truly very Spanish but also very beautiful as well. Now if you like culture and the setting is very important to you, then the Costa Almeria is the place for you along the southern coast of Spain. However, if you are looking for clubs and spending hours around the pool then maybe this isn't the place. Yes, you will have to hire a car out to go and explore, but hey thats all part of the holiday.

BEAUTY 
Now I couldn't simply do this months July favourites without mentioning the palette that I have been using every day this month. You will already know what it is if you read my 'How Much is My Face Worth' post on Monday, but if you didn't it is the Tarte Tartelette In Bloom palette. Oh My this palette is beautiful. I have loved wearing 'smarty pants' with 'sweetheart' and 'firecracker'. Also, the pigmentation is beautiful and they just last for so long. Like after working in a hot shop, that eye makeup just didn't budge. Not one piece of smudging or creasing. Like you need it in your life. 

Now on to not 1 but 2 Benefit eyebrow products. The first is the Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil, which I love for getting a nice shape, although it is a touch to dark for my brows, so I do like to blend it in with a lighter powder. The second product is 'Ready, Set Brows', which has been my go to brow gel throughout July. That stuff keeps your eyebrow hairs in place. 

Before the 16th June 2016 I did not own a Yves Saint Laurent lipstick, and them bad boys had been on my wishlist for a very long time. Just look at the them, they look so pretty. However, I did also pick this Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in 14 'Corail in Touch' up, and I have been loving it. I wore it basically every night on holiday and it really is that perfect summer lipstick. 

The last make up item of this months favourites has to be my Urban Decay travel size make up setting spray. Now thats a mouth full. This has helped my make up stay a lot this month, you know with that mini heat wave England had last week. Yep, my foundation didn't move. Yes I may have got a bit oily but I am yet to find a setting spray or primer that locks out all the oil that my face likes to produce on a daily basis. 

OTHER
I always feel really awkward about this category, because I never know what to call it. Anyway lets move away from that little mind poop and onto some other bits and bobs. 

If you knew me about three years ago you would have know how much I loved the Victoria's Secret body sprays. Yes I was that obsessed I had about 10 at one time, although there is still 5 currently sitting on my bedside cabinet. Trust me I don't have problems anymore. However, this month I have begun to love them again thanks to the VS in New York having 2 for $10, like that is so cheap in comparison to the UK. Therefore I picked up my favourite scent which is 'Mango Temptation', although I swear it used to be pink and not orange. Anyway, the point of this ramble is that I love the smell of it and have loved spraying it in July. 

There are also two books making this months favourites. 

Yes Shock horror, I actually read a book quickly, and two at that. 

The first book is 'Me Before You', which I am sure you have all heard off now it has been made into a film. There was something that got me hooked on the book in the first couple of pages, that made me not want to put the book down. It is gripping, but that in a horror type of book way. You want to know what happens next, you want to see the characters grow and see their next adventure with in the story.

The second book is 'Dream a Little Dream' by Giovanna Fletcher. Now when I first started reading this book I wasn't too sure at all. I was a bit like 'Do I actually want to finish this', however once I had read 100 pages I couldn't put it down, so much so I had read from page 17 right through to page 400 and something (the end) in less than 12 hours. Thats why this book has made it into the favourites, because it does truly get your hooked. 

What have you been loving in July?

Love Alicia x
Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Feel free to leave a comment, as they are much appreciated. Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss a post! 


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig