Thursday, 21 July 2016

MY HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS




It finally feels like summer in England, at long last, and the summer holidays are officially here and now. YAY!!!!

Over the last month, I have been on two trips abroad, and I haven't learnt that there are a few things that will be, and will always be, in my bag, wherever I am going or jetting off to. 

1. Portable Phone Charger.
Oh my, I can not tell how much my portable charger has saved my life on a couple of occasions. Now, we all know just how shit iPhone batteries are, and when you have been using your phone all day and about to get on a night flight now, this little baby is your savourer. I'm not even joking. You can also pick them up quite cheap these days as well. My one lasts for about two full charges, and that can really make the difference. 

2. Factor 50 Sun Cream.
I may want to get a tan, and I know you can't get a great tan with factor 50, but I am all about protection and also faking a tan. As someone who has quite a few moles on her neck, and likes to protect her face as well, factor 50 is your best friend. I brought the travel size boots one, and it doesn't break me out. So I am loving that. 

3. La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray 
This is bae. What I love about this product is that you can just chuck it in your bag, and then when you are feeling really hot, sweaty and your face is feeling all oily, then you can get this spray out and sports your face. Now, me being me, didn't know it now comes in travel size, took the big bottle away with me, but I know for the future. 

4. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Poured Creme
I picked up this highlighter by mistake while in New York, because I wanted the powder and ended up picking this one instead. However, if you want that 'natural' glow and you are wearing no make up, then pop this on your check bones and you look like you have be sun blessed for weeks, and not like you have got off a plane 12 hours ago and haven't yet stepped into the sun. Plus because its not a powder, it doesn't look obvious either. Win, Win. 

5. A Good Old Book. 
Seriously who can go on a 'beach' holiday and not read a good old fashion paper back book? Now, I am not talking about reading off that Kindle or off your phone. I'm talking about buying a book before hand and having a good old read, the old fashioned way. While in Spain, I managed to read 'Me Before You' and 'Dream a Little Dream', and I loved them. Not just because they were good books, but its nice to take a break from technology and social media and just take in the book and that fact that you are on holiday. 

6. Camera. 
For the days you want to explore and not sit around the pool all day. Even if you are just chilling by the pool, you maybe in a part of the world where the scenario is beautiful and you just want to capture it. Plus, you never know what you are going to see or do. 

7. Carmex Lip Balm
On planes my lips dry out so easily, and this little lip balm is a life saver. Also, it has SPF 15 so perfect for protecting your lips where ever you are around the world.

8. Garnier Ambre Solaire Sun Tan Maintainer 
Now getting burnt is bad, and we all know that, but even if you don't get burnt you should still get some moisture back into your skin. I don't know about you, but after a long day out and about or just relaxing by the pool my skin feels so dry. Normally, I just take a Soap&Glory moisturiser with me, however this year I thought I would pick up an After Sun from Garnier and I just love it. It also helps that it smells nice as well.

9. Tangle Teezer
Because who can be bothered to take out a full blown hair brush, when you just want to take out your purse and camera?

What are your holiday essentials, or just summer essentials, that you carry around with you? 

Love Alicia x
Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Feel free to leave a comment, as they are much appreciated. Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss a post! 



SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig