Monday, 5 September 2016

10 THINGS YOU REALLY NEED FOR UNIVERSITY



As you might have seen already, I have done quite a few posts about 'University', and I'm going to continue this theme for every Monday in September. starting with '10 THINGS YOU REALLY NEED FOR UNIVERSITY'.



10 THINGS FOR UNIVERSITY 


Before setting off to university, most people scale the internet to find a big old long list of stuff they need to take to university, espically first years. Yes, I was one of them people last year that scrambled across lists after lists after lists on the interent, on what I needed for university. In most of these lists I came across stuff that 1) I would never use and 2) would never need. 

Over my first year of university, I found that I actually didn't need that many things to actually live and other stuff where just 'luxuries' that really I didn't need, but still wanted. Here are my 10 things that you really NEED for university! 

1. FOOD
Yes, 'food' probably sounds very obvious, but take what you like to eat and not what you think may come in handy. I took loads of tinned soup to uni, and came back home in June with most of it. I had soup at university about 3 times in December when I was feeling ill and couldn't be bothered to cook. Also, go shopping with your parents and stock up on frozen food, such as meat, fish, vegetables, ice cream etc, as it will be cheaper in the long run.
Check out my 'How To Eat Healthy At University' for some tips.


2. BIN BAGS & CLEANING STUFF 
Even if you don't have an en-suite you still need to clean and tidy your room, and you will sill have rubbish. Just buy a sack of bin bags and keep them in your room, same with cleaning products. You may think you will never clean your room, but you may spill your dinner on your desk and do you really want to be living with that. No. 


3. LAUNDRY STUFF 
I had the luxury of living only half an hour away from university so I could take most of my washing home with me, but I still had to do the washing sometimes. Make sure to take a laundry bag with you, and some sort of washing stuff. Just ask your mum what she uses and buy the same thing, that way you know you are going to like it. 


4. FIRST AID KIT 
Yes again this another boring thing, but freshers flu will get you, paracetamol, plasters, savlon will help you. Whether you burn yourself, have a serious bad hangover (or period pain), cut your self, you will be thankful for your little kit. 


5. WATER, WATER, WATER
Basically, buy a couple of big bottles of water and keep them in your room. Again, can be a massive life saver after a night out. 


6. CLOTHES
Just don't take your whole wardrobe or even half your wardrobe, because I hate to break it to you, but you will never wear item at university that you only wore once last March. Aint going to happen, and uni rooms have like no storage space!


7. STATIONARY
Now, I am not saying take the whole of paper chase however much you actually want to. You need a couple of pens (most of which you can pick up in Freshers week), a couple of notebooks, a calculator (yes I do a politics degree and one of my modules still required me to do Maths) and a folder to keep all you notes safe. I would suggest just typing up your notes anyway after your lectures. 


8. ID
Make sure to take some type of ID with you, because if you are going out of campus for a night out, your student card will probably not be excepted as 'ID', but if you are happy to just stay on campus then your student card will get you into everything. 


9. ALARM 
Even if it is just on your phone, you will need an alarm for those 9am, 10am, 11am and probably even 5pm lectures. Yes, you will sleep a lot at university even if you don't know, wait to you start uni.


10. KITCHEN STUFF 
Make sure to take your own saucepans, baking trays, cutlery, plates, mugs, oven gloves,wooden spoons etc. A lot of people don't want to share these items and you will also not get the blame if you destroy someones else's. 


Theres my 10 things you really NEED for university. Of course there are plenty more things that you actually need and probably want to take. Like it maybe a good idea to take a duvet, pillows, change of sheets, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, make up, shoes, face wash, a bag, coat, watch etc etc etc.

Love Alicia x

Please feel free to leave a comment! 
SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig