There's something about making homemade choc chip cookies, well any type of cookies. For these little beauties, I used Tanya Burr's recipe from 'Tanya Bakes'. Very simple, quick and more importantly delicious.
The recipe is super simple, and you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. You will need 250g of plain flour, 75g of caster sugar, 175g of cold butter and some chocolate chips. I actually used chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips, but hey what ever floats your boat.
Now for the recipe which you can also find on page 15 of Tanya Bakes.
1) Preheat the oven to 180C, then using greaseproof paper line a baking tray.
2) Mix together the sugar and flour, then using your fingers work in the cold butter to create breadcrumbs.
3) Add in your chocolate chips or chunks, and then work the mixture into a cookie dough ball.
4) Flour a surface, and roll the cookie dough out till it is about 1.5cm thick. Then cut it into what ever shape you like. I actually rolled mine into balls as I didn't have a square or a circle cutter. Looking back I could have just made a shape using card.
5) Arrange the cookie dough on the baking tray and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Once out of the oven sprinkle some sugar over them and transfer to a wire rack to cool.