Monday, 9 January 2017

5 BEAUTY DISCOVERIES IN 2016











When thinking about, in 2016 I discovered some beauty products that I really did love, and some lets be quite frank, hated them... 


When looking back on what I brought and used in 2016, there were five beauty products that really did stick out like a sore thumb. 5 beauty products that I have honestly loved and will probably continue to love in 2017. 

1. ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS 'THAT GLOW' GLOW KIT 

Honestly, like I am being deadly serious right now, the Anastasia Beverly Hills glow kit in 'That Glow' is honestly one of my favourite buys of 2016. Yes, there was so much hype around this highlighting palette, and yes I brought into the hype. I have been wearing at least one of the highlighting shades basically everyday since I brought the palette back in June.

'Golden Bronze' is not a shade I go to for everyday, because let's face it, it is far too dark for my skin tone, however it does make a great eyeshadow.

'Sunburst' and 'Dripping in Gold' are my two most used. For something more natural for my skin tone I go for sunburst, as it just looks like I have a natural glow and doesn't scream 'i'm wearing a highlighter'. Dripping in Gold was my go to back in the summer when my skin was more tanned, however I have still been loving it for more dramatic make up looks.

2. TARTE 'TARTELETTE IN BLOOM CLAY' EYESHADOW PALETTE 

After watching one of Fleur De Forces video back at the first half of last year, I know I had to get my hands on this palette in New York. As much as I love my Urban Decay Naked Palettes, there is something about this Tarte palette that honestly makes me put down the UD palettes.

The pigmentation is excellent, and the fact that even when I haven't used a primer, they have stayed on for a good six hours with no creasing what so ever. So yeah, it is pretty damn good.

'Flower Child' is my ultimate go to base colour, with 'Smarty Pants' and 'Sweetheart' being used in my crease and also as blending with other shades. I am also a bit of a fan of the shimmer shades, most particular 'Firecracker' which looks amazing over MAC 'Sable'.

3. L'OREAL GOLD OBSESSION LIPSTICKS 

As much as I love my MAC & Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, the L'oreal Gold Obsession lipsticks have just been worn a lot more this year, espicially since the end of September when I brought them. For me, I have kinda gone away from the whole matte lip trend, as my lips are so dry and I need something that won't make them crack. That's where the L'oreal lipsticks come into place.

My personal favourite has to be 'Nude Gold', as it honestly the perfect everyday lipstick. However, I am not as impressed with Gold Plum, it just doesn't do it for me. The colour isn't really there, and doesn't look that great unless I layer it over Charlotte Tilbury Bond Girl.

On the plus side Nude Gold and Pink Gold are creamy, and have a good colour pigmentation.

4. BENEFIT 'READY SET BROW' BROW GEL 

I don't think my eyebrows have gone a day with out seeing Benefit 'Ready Set Brow' gel since the day I got my hands on it back in June. My brow hairs stay in place all day, so yes it does the job.

5. BECCA JACLYN HILL SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED - CHAMPAGNE POP 

Okay so I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to include the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop, simply because although I love wearing it and don't regret buying it, I tend to reach for the ABH Glow Kit palette for my highlight rather than this. However, it just had to be included because of the pigmentation and the colour. I mean wow.


What are your favourite beauty discoveries of 2016? 

Love Alicia x

Please feel free to leave a comment! 

5 OTHER POSTS YOU MAY LIKE: 


SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig