Friday, 10 March 2017

THE EYE PALETTE COLLECTION

There is just something about eye palettes, 

whether it's the packaging that makes me buy, or the just how pretty all the eyeshadows look placed next to one another. 

I'm not a girl that loves her individual eyeshadows, yes I have a few from MAC and Clinque, as well as some Maybelline and L'Oreal ones, but I much prefer a palette. 

The obsession began on Christmas Day 2014, when I received the most beautiful (in my opinion) palette from Urban Decay, Urban Decay Naked 3. There was just something about the matte shades and the shimmers. It used to be one of my most used palettes for about a year. Don't get me wrong, I still use the palette, but for me it is more of a summer palette. A palette that will come with me on summer holidays, as it just seems to do it all for the summer. 

Continuing on with the Urban Decay theme, it has been an ongoing tradition now, that for every Birthday and Christmas now since Christmas 2014, I receive something from the Brand. One of my personal favourites and go to palettes is Urban Decay Naked Basics. Yes that tiny little nude and brown palette just does it for me. I think I have used every colour at least once a week since my 18th, well except for the black. I'm just not a black eyeshadow type of gal. 

Next up comes the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette. Now I can see the hype around this palette, but it is not one that I reach for the most. I like the shades, don't get me wrong, but they are just not wearable for day to day life. Yes, for nights out and special occasions I love reaching for this palette, but I also seem to forget I have it as well. Oops. 

Last but not least is the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics palette, and oh my is this probably my 3rd favourite palette in my collection. After receiving under the Christmas tree this past Christmas with a little 'eek I have it' moment, this palette has been used on my eyelids basically everyday since. It is just perfect and you can really change it up as well. Well Done Urban Decay!!! 


Now let's move away from Urban Decay, and let's talk Tarte... 

Now I do buy into hype, yes I like to buy things that people recommend, and I kid you not when I booked New York last year the first thing on my Sephora want list was the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom palette. I mean have you seen how gorgeous that palette is. The shimmers are amazing, like wow they are pigmented, and the mattes just stay on your eyelids all day. Like I could talk about this palette all day, but you would probably get bored. 

And on to the next one... 

Which is, drum roll please, the latest palette to my quite small in comparison to some peoples collection Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. Who doesn't want a palette that smells like peaches, and has pretty pinks, but also some out there darks? As much as I wanted the Chocolate palettes, something was calling my name to this one more. I just love it, and I love using it with the Tarte palette as well. 

A drugstore brand to bring it in, 

We all know I am a big fan of L'oreal, like give me some of their lipsticks, foundations or mascaras any day, as they are amazing. However, I was left slightly disappointed with the L'Oreal La Palette Nude. Maybe because it is quite similar to Urban Decay Naked 3, or because it is a palette that I just don't reach for. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a palette that I will need a little play about with.

Last but not least, 

mainly not least because I have actually not included some from Soap & Glory, Wet n Wild and some Quads, goes to Zoeva Taupe palette. Okay probably left to last because it's kinda meh. Like I do like the colours I just don't think they are very pigmented and my eyelids just don't like them as they hardly show up. Maybe I need to wash my make up brushes more, or just use the palette more, but this one just doesn't do it for me. 


Originally I was just going to list, but I started typing and it ended up being one of them long posts, but I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know if you have any of these palettes? Or what is in your eye palette collection that you love! 

Love Alicia x

Please feel free to leave a comment! 

5 OTHER POSTS YOU MAY LIKE: 


SHARE:
© Bambi Dreaming. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig